Hookups and Fishing Reports Boards
If you plan on fishing a hollow plastic frog put a few bb's on it, just enough so it doesn't sink. In keeping with the new theme. What frog has the highest hookup ratio? Cabeza de Martillo Sea Lion.
Use a heavy action, long rod with braided line. The first is viewable by the general public. Cheers, marriage not dating 15 -Alex Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Home - InstantHookups Forum
Join the conversation
It will really increase your hook-ups. If your good at delaying hookset and not getting to excited, hard to do by the way, your hook up ratios go way up. It was in the kelp beds off Fort Ross, in an inflatable two person yak, catching cabazone and blue cod. Use the external rattles to make extra sound. So that's why I couldn't see the hookups board.
River Smallies Forum
Support the site by making a donation.
How's that for my first post? Announcements Read This Before Posting! For those that like the swimming frogs, use the proper length hook and put the hook bend between the legs and then skin hook the point into the back. The real problem are that the soft bodied frogs such as the Bronzeeye don't collapse enough to stick a bass with the hook. Although, dating veggie I also felt some of my motorcycle riding skills were useful on the yak.
- Cane toad is decent, but man does it rip really easily, I can only catch fish before its nose cone is useless for rigging.
- Paste as plain text instead.
- Display as a link instead.
- Look slightly off to the side, keeping the bait in your sight.
- That being said I am partial to Bronzeye, cause I have more of them in my tackle box and they are easier to come by here in S.
What s Going On
Either way, thank you for your efforts on keeping this forum running like a well-oiled machine. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites. Reply to this topic Start new topic. Some previous canoe and kayak experience. Awesome experience, both from a paddling standpoint and the beauty of the place.
The Best Place in Texas to Talk Fishing
Coastal Mendocino has been blowing. Probly wont get on the water till friday or later. Slow pitch jig for salmon.
Thought it was weird that I could only see general public hookups. Both the Hookup and the Fishing Report should go in the same thread. The type of frog doesn't seem to matter to my hookup success. Well I've just recently started fishing from a kayak. One trick I've used lately with good success is to not look directly at the frog while you're fishing it.
Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends. It seemed like I missed more fish with the softbodies especially when they blow up on the lure. All of the different styles of frogs require a certain amount of experience to understand the techniques necessary for best hook up percentages.
- That would depend on whose rod they are attached to.
- Then, when you see a boil, react slowly, let the bait diappear, and then set it hard.
- Those are the best three frogs for me.
- If you have only fished one frog, you have no comparison so don't feel you have to pick one if that is all you have fished.